When I started my journey towards making money online, the emphasis was on building niche sites but as my adsense account was banned due to the reasons known best to Google only , I stopped concentrating on it for time being and started searching for better methods (Though I have again started working on this model and have created a site targetting the new song chammak challo and will later on convert this site to a movie review site). The reason I started with niche sites was that it looked more kind of passive income and the investment is also low but the results are supposed to long lasting if you can get a site ranked in Google. The stories of people making anywhere from $1000 to $30000 per month due to sites created few years back was very tempting. But I think I was kind of late into the party since Google had just started its fight onto the MFA brigade and EMD’s were losing its sheen as they weren’t getting the boost they used to get ( I cannot verify this though since I haven’t built much EMD’s myself yet). Then I came across Barman when I was searching for so called Guru Product. Even though I had ordered the supposedly free CD which was mailed for only the cost of S&H nothing was there in that except statements about how this Guru was making so much and how much we can also make. I was glad that I found the barman’s blog as I had ordered the Guru product for the first month trial and promptly cancelled it after reading the reviews there. Thereafter I started founding more people like David who were kind of more into Paid Affiliate Marketing. So now this is where the question raised in this post title comes into picture. Given a chance what would be a better way to make money online. I cannot concretely answer the question yet since I am not making much with any of this methods but I can clearly see both have a strength & weakness. I will update this post later on once I have more experience with both the methods.
Archive for Affiliate Marketing
It’s been a long time since I have written anything on my blog. Frankly I was never the kind of one who can talk much about himself or other things around me like few others do in such a copious matter and being silently working on my laptop for most of the day make sure that my vocal cords aren’t exercised much.
Anyway after sitting on fence for a long time deliberating on whether I should start with paid affiliate marketing or not I had taken a jump few months back and have already got my feet wet. At the moment I am working with convert2media and peerfly but I have also been approved to most of the top networks listed here. Now I have to only ramp up my campaigns and reach some good profit level asap as it has been a long time I have been stuck in the same range.
Btw I have decided to blog daily and hopefully I will be able to keep up the pace.
As the current year is coming to its end, the time for New Year Resolutions is nearing. But I am in no mood to wait for making some resolutions. As my life is taking new turn everyday, I think I shouldn’t let the time fly in hope of doing things at a perfect time and make some resolutions. I wouldn’t like to call them resolutions but kind of targets I wish to achieve in next year.
- Learn a Language Every Year. Starting from first, it will be Telugu and later on I am going to cover Tamil, Assamese and other languages.
- The order volume for our Header Design Service should be around 50-100 in a day from the current 1-5 in a day. We generally charge around $5 for each header but they aren’t some cheap quality stuff thrown in few minutes. We exquisitely craft the header depending upon the user inputs and also provide upto 5 revisions with no question asked policy.
- I have around 16 members working in my company at the moment. I would like to increase the strength to around 30 members and make sure each member is generating atleast $1000 per month for the company. I personally would like to make around $1000 profit per day around this time of the year next year. For this to happen , I would be starting making around $100 per day in January.
- As my previous partnership haven’t worked out properly , I would like to get a new partner who can/will understand me and have faith on my business model. Though the time is coming sooner when the cheques rolling in will be able to convince all the skeptics that I am on a correct path.
- Revenuewise I would like my company to be around $10000 – $30000 per month total revenue. Part of it will be from project works and professional services rendered such as Cheap Script Installation Service and rest of them from Internet and Affiliate Marketing.
Now the question is how I am going to achieve my goal. Let me breakdown the blueprint I have in my mind.
1) Start heavily creating niche sites. I am aiming around 100 sites in a month. As there are around 25 working days so my HI Blogging Team would need to create 4 sites in a day. Assuming each niche site contains around 10 articles (of 500 words each) at minimum it would mean 40 articles in total. Now a single person should be able to write around 10 articles working 7 hours so I would need 4 members dedicated for this task. Btw I am thinking of selling around 25 sites out of the 100 created few months down the road so that I have some cashflow which is definitely needed to make sure I am not burning cash too much. I think it would be easy to sell each of them for $50. Btw there are lots of different ways to monetise a niche site and I would be trying almost every method so that I don’t rely on a single source of revenue. Few of the monetisation method from the top of my head are
- Commission Junction
2) Finally start with Paid Affiliate Marketing. I have been planning for a long time for starting with paid affiliate marketing but couldn’t start. I intend to start dabbling into PPC/PPV ie paid traffic acquisition method and monetise the site with CPA/CPS offers.
I will be updating this post till the new year to create a good roadmap for myself.
After thinking about whether to jump into aff/ppc business for a long time now, I have decided to get my feet wet and start with this industry. I read the affiliate newbie guide which was recommended by http://www.ppc.bz (I don’t know who recommended them though). I am actually pretty skeptic and don’t generally believe what is written on a website so easily but the ppc.bz guy seems to be genuine in his messages.
So I am just going to update this post with how I am doing with Affiliate Marketing.