As the current year is coming to its end, the time for New Year Resolutions is nearing. But I am in no mood to wait for making some resolutions. As my life is taking new turn everyday, I think I shouldn’t let the time fly in hope of doing things at a perfect time and make some resolutions. I wouldn’t like to call them resolutions but kind of targets I wish to achieve in next year.
- Learn a Language Every Year. Starting from first, it will be Telugu and later on I am going to cover Tamil, Assamese and other languages.
- The order volume for our Header Design Service should be around 50-100 in a day from the current 1-5 in a day. We generally charge around $5 for each header but they aren’t some cheap quality stuff thrown in few minutes. We exquisitely craft the header depending upon the user inputs and also provide upto 5 revisions with no question asked policy.
- I have around 16 members working in my company at the moment. I would like to increase the strength to around 30 members and make sure each member is generating atleast $1000 per month for the company. I personally would like to make around $1000 profit per day around this time of the year next year. For this to happen , I would be starting making around $100 per day in January.
- As my previous partnership haven’t worked out properly , I would like to get a new partner who can/will understand me and have faith on my business model. Though the time is coming sooner when the cheques rolling in will be able to convince all the skeptics that I am on a correct path.
- Revenuewise I would like my company to be around $10000 – $30000 per month total revenue. Part of it will be from project works and professional services rendered such as Cheap Script Installation Service and rest of them from Internet and Affiliate Marketing.
Now the question is how I am going to achieve my goal. Let me breakdown the blueprint I have in my mind.
1) Start heavily creating niche sites. I am aiming around 100 sites in a month. As there are around 25 working days so my HI Blogging Team would need to create 4 sites in a day. Assuming each niche site contains around 10 articles (of 500 words each) at minimum it would mean 40 articles in total. Now a single person should be able to write around 10 articles working 7 hours so I would need 4 members dedicated for this task. Btw I am thinking of selling around 25 sites out of the 100 created few months down the road so that I have some cashflow which is definitely needed to make sure I am not burning cash too much. I think it would be easy to sell each of them for $50. Btw there are lots of different ways to monetise a niche site and I would be trying almost every method so that I don’t rely on a single source of revenue. Few of the monetisation method from the top of my head are
- Commission Junction
2) Finally start with Paid Affiliate Marketing. I have been planning for a long time for starting with paid affiliate marketing but couldn’t start. I intend to start dabbling into PPC/PPV ie paid traffic acquisition method and monetise the site with CPA/CPS offers.
I will be updating this post till the new year to create a good roadmap for myself.
Lately I have been watching TV for much longer periods than what I generally do. The New Reality shows like Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao and Sach Ka Saamna are the ones which I was watching regularly. Apart from it I also started watching Bhaskar Bharti. But I think they are just wasting my time and I should better stop watching TV and get on working on my aim of having an online income of $5k as soon as possible. Earlier I wasn’t so sure about reaching that figure but seeing that guys in the TKA are reaching around $1k-$2k levels in few months , I think I can reach $5 in an year for surely. So I need to stop wasting time on TV Shows and better concentrate on doing some real work. Once I reach that income level, I can definitely start wasting my time again on stuff which I like/love to do ( Though watching TV is not very much on my future ToDo list).
On a side note , I have finally decided to start with running a placement consultancy firm also ( Apart from running a website development firm and Justdial Franchisee). But it won’t be a full-fledged Placement agency. The idea is just to utilize my Justdial Marketing Team. As my marketing guys are already visiting the business concerns in Vizag, we would definitely like to solve 1 more problem point for our customers ( Paid Clients of Justdial as well as who got their websites designed by us). In fact when I started with Marketing for Justdial , more people were interested in getting staff for their office than becoming a paid JD client and I always resisted the temptation to work on the placements. But I think Placements can be a good Marketing Point for us since it will help us to penetrate the Job Market as well as the student community. I will be discussing more about how I want to spread awareness about all the 3 businesses ( JD,Web Development & Placements) by utilising a single team.
For the last few months I have been looking to expand my team and having a not-so-good experience with vacancy advertisement in newspapers , I started calling up various placement agencies in Vizag. Now the business model of placement agencies revolves around 2 modes. A placement agency either charges the candidates ( Ranging from a fixed fee to 100% of 1 month salary) or the company ( around 8% of yearly CTC). Now few of the companies which I called for said that they charges candidates and they started sending the candidates after calling them for 3-4 days. The quality of candidates landing into my office for interview wasn’t good and the hiring exercise seemed futile at that moment. So I started calling companies which presumably charges companies and I asked them to send the T&C. Apparently when I told them that I was looking for content writers in the 5k pm range and ME in 8-12k range , they weren’t very interested. On further enquiry I came to know that they are only interested in providing candidates for post which earns at least 15k per month. Knowing that the market is kind of slump right now, I was wondering how do the average candidates ( The ones who have completed the BA,MA,BSc,BCOM,MCOM etc. degrees which are for people who has not got the chance to do a BTech,BE,MBA) lands up a job. What is the mode of job searching they prefer the most (Newspapers,Placement Agencieis,Online Job Portals,Friends etc). Anyhow since I don’t want to search for candidates on online job portal and I am in no mood to advertise in newspapers and since the local companies are not helping much, I think I should start a free for all simple job directory for Vizag City. The companies who needs candidates can post their requirements and the job seekers can look for the openings. I am not sure how I am going to promote it to candidates. ( It is easy to promote it to companies since Justdial would be the best way to list it there). I think wordpress should be enough for such a simple job directory but in case it doesn’t then I will try some real job portal script.